Example 1: Inserting an image with a flag indicating the country of origin of the product
This scenario can be applied to any product feature you want to express with an image, and each product can only have one option (one image). An example is the country of origin, where a product can have only one country of origin, which we want to show on the shelf label as the flag of that country.
1. Create an custom property in Options → Custom Product Properties and follow the images below:
Custom Product Properties
In the Type property, you must select Options with Images.
3. Click on the Options with Images row.
Select Image for custom property
4. Once the optional properties are established, it is possible to fill in their values. On the Products → Custom Properties section, specify the country of origin for each product. If there are multiple products, these properties can also be imported into Quant using manual imports.
Country of origin in product properties
5. A picture of the country of origin can now be inserted in the shelf label.
Insert the image on shelf label
Example 2: Inserting multiple pictograms to indicate allergens in a product
This scenario can be applied to any product characteristic that you want to express with an image, and each product can have multiple options (multiple images). An example might be allergens, where one product may contain several allergens. These allergens can be displayed in the form of an image.
We will illustrate this type of product property with the example of the Pictograms property - we will want to assign different pictograms to each product, for example, according to the different allergens contained in the product. The procedure is very similar to the previous example.
1. Create an optional property in Options → Custom Product Properties and follow the pictures below:
New custom product property
3. Click on the Options with Images row and assign the correct image to each property.
Select image for allergens
4. For each product, tick the properties that the product meets in the Products→ Pictograms section.
Pictograms in product properties
5. It is now possible to insert an image with pictograms into the shelf label.
In order to display all pictograms it is necessary to set the Image Max Width and Image Max Height attributes.
If you only want to insert a static image that is the same for all shelf labels, visit the Shelf Labels Objects manual.
Custom product properties can also be imported into Quant using manual imports. For importing optional properties such as country of origin or allergens contained, the Product Import is used. In the excel file there is always one product per line as in the following figure. First you have to set up the properties in Quant according to the procedure described above and then you can import the properties for all products at once.